The Visual Studio Family

I recently installed a trial copy of Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite. To tell the truth, I do not know much about this software. Just hoping that I can dig a little into dot Net development. My background is legacy Visual C++ development.

The thing that amazed me is that the installation program for Visual Studio 2005 mentioned that many components were being installed. Here is a list of some of the ones that caught my eye:
  • MSXML 6.0 Parser
  • .NET Component Framework 1.0 SP3
  • .NET Component Framework 2.0
  • Visual J# 2.0
  • SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition
  • SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
My hope is that I will be exposed to these components/tools in the months to come. I had got to get a move on this learning. The trial version of the software expires in 180 days. And the full version costs a whopping $800 to purchase.