ASP.NET AJAX 4.0

The modern way to bind web user interface controls to data is to use Asynchronous JavaScript and XML (AJAX). Microsoft is supporting this standard with their ASP.NET AJAX version 4. This is an advance over the previous HTML only methods to use proprietary attributes to identify the data source. That method was specific to the browser that was viewing the web page.

Now developers use the Microsoft AJAX JavaScript Library. The solution works on every modern browser. You specify the data source using XHTML (the newer version of XML). The web page only needs to use JavaScript.

I personally have an interest in learning web development. AJAX is one of the technologies I plan to learn. Since I have a Microsoft background, I figure I will be using ASP.NET AJAX to get the data binding job done.